Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm back and still alive

SO I just got back from my trip a couple hours ago. It was pretty boring but was good. So I left Monday night after I got off at 11pm. I drove 4 hours and just made it to Kentucky by 3 or so and pulled to a rest area and slept in my car for 4 hours. It was pouring rain that didn't let me sleep too well. Then finished my drive, it was nice that it kept getting warmer as I was driving, when I left Ohio it was 33 degrees and there was a little bit of snow on the ground. It stopped raining after driving about an hour. North Carolina sucked, it was curvy as hell, I was pretty sure that I was gonna come around a curve and hit a pile of stopped cars cuz you could only see 100 yards ahead of you. In South Carolina I saw a Yuengling Truck!! I had to take a pic from the car. It was so beautiful, I could taste it!! I stopped for gas and saw it!! I couldn't wait to get to Tybee Island Georgia and get one! SO I got there about 5pm or so. I went to the beach, it was windy as hell!! but it was 73 degrees and felt pretty good! The whole island u have to pay for parking year round though from 8am-8pm. I walked round the beach for a while and then drove round the island finding where the bars were and try to find things to do. There wasn't a whole lot to do there. I started at one bar, it had a cute bartender I kept trying to talk to but she kept bailing on me to hang out and talk with the locals who were all old. But I ordered a Yuengling, they didn't have any!! They said I had to go to South Carolina or Florida!! I was pissed!! So I jumped around to the other bars who also only had old locals there and older ugly bartenders, so I went back to the first bar and kept trying and failed miserably. So I went back to the beach, I set up on a swing and played my guitar for a while as the sky kept getting darker. A fucking couple was walking on the beach adn stopped and was dancing in front of me, I was bout to throw something at them. Fucking people, I am sitting there alone but managing to meditate playing my guitar and staring at the beautiful ocean, the moon dancing in and out of the clouds and it all gets ruined by a happy fucking couple enjoying my misery!! I went up onto the pier and felt alone in the world, thought some more and then returned to my guitar for my sleep. My sleep was disturbed a few times by drunks coming to the beach and yelling in the parking lot where I was parked. Plus my tall ass doesn't fit well and it doesn't help that I toss and turn when I sleep. But I awoke Wednesday nice and early to get some pics and enjoy the sun rise. It was cold and windy, I had to wear my jacket for a while. It warmed up pretty quickly though. I spent most the morning just walking up and down the beach, eventually I stripped down to my swim shorts and lied down to get some sun, apparently I already got enough from walking. I got burnt a little and have bra lines from my wife-beater and a line from wearing my hat and sun glasses. And while I was walking I got a parking ticket for not paying to park because I never saw anyone checking, it was only 20 though. At the bar the tv kept talking about a huge storm heading for the area so I caved in and got a motel room. It felt great to lie down and stretch and get off my feet!! I lounged and watched tv and ordered pizza. When I went to sleep at 10, it was only sprinkling outside, I don't know if a big storm hit or not, I was out cold!! But in my room the weather channel was talking about the winter storm that is supposed to hit here tonight, so I decided to leave thursday to start coming home. I went back and hung around the beach for a while in the morning, it was cold as hell adn windy than the first day so I left around 11 am. I stopped in South Carolina and bought a shitload of Yuengling!!! North Carolina made me offically hate it! I didn't like all the curves the first time and on the way back through it was a parking lot on a mountain!! It took an hour and a half to go the last 10 miles cuz it had one lane closed for repair. Luckily I didn't get mad since I had plenty of time, instead I sang my voice alomost out and thought about things like do dead people still caryy AIDS or Hepatitis after they've been embolmed and since Jews can't be buried in Jewish cemetaries if they have tattoos, what about the ones who Nazis tatted? I have my buddy working to figure out the latter and I will ask about the former in school Tuesday. So I made it to Knocksville, Tennessee by 5 or 6 pm and found a bar, which had Yuengling on tap!!!! They have it there but not in Ohio or Georgia!! I am gonna look at their website in a bit to find out why! But found a sports bar and again no hotties!! I was disappointed but not as bad since they had my beer! SO I had a couple then was off to find a rest area to sleep at, I ended up driving all the way to Kentucky, I think it was 50 miles or so before I could sleep. It sucks sleeping cramped in a car with a sunburn by the way. Then left about 8 and got breakfast and was off. I got home around 3pm. And that was my trip. No excitment but then again I wouldn't have had any sitting here either, at least I gotta sit on the beach for a while. And I learned that if you go somewhere off season, go somewhere with more people that way you can still find people your age. I should have settled for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, but live and learn. It was relaxing.