Saturday, June 18, 2005

Action Action

This is going to be a very quick run down since CG is on her way and I was to be helping buddy move half an hour ago. I will post pics maybe tomorrow. First up was Waking Ashland, I dug their songs but there were a bunch a little teenie boppers there for them and were all jumping around looking retarded. They sounded kind of like Dashboard Confessionals except a little more rock guitar and the singer would throw in little screams every once in a while. All in all I liked them and got a pic of me and one of Uncle Tom with the lead singer whose name I will find when I post the pic.

Spitalfield was awesome, same excitement that you hear on their album. They rocked. The drummer was sick the night before and still last night but still did awesome. Talked to him after his set and got a drumstick from him. I also had to ask him if all the band members would sign the cute little Spitalfield shirt that CG bought and they did. That was really cool of them.

Action Action kicked as much ass as I would have hoped. Everyone except the drummer had keyboards set up next to them while they played their guitars and on certain songs they would reach over and play them it was great. A couple times I think the lead singer played without even looking at the keyboard. A little more than half way through CG had to go to the bathroom, I didn't, thankfully Tom had to so he went down with her (the bathrooms are downstairs, stage is upstairs). While they were gone they actually played a cover of Nirvana's Verse Chorus Verse and it sounded really good actually. I thought if I ever heard someone try to cover a Nirvana song I would kill them but they did good by me. So Pics to come later and Otep is tonight, last time I saw Otep I got my shirt ripped up from me and a marine taking out this asshole that was knocking little guys around in the mosh pit. I think I posted about it whenever it was, oh well. Later.