Saturday, November 25, 2006

Siverstein concert #4 Updated

Blogger was messing up so here are the pics, I know they are big!!


Ok where shall we begin. I hate doing this a couple days after the show, but am usually to lazy to get to it until now. First up was a band I Killed the Prom Queen, an Australian band. The music sounded pretty good, it rocked and all but the singer sucks ass. I mean I like "Screamo" music but it sounded like he swallowed the mic and was trying to hack or puke it back up. When the guitarist sung parts as back up I told HB he should be singing, he had a pretty good voice that could be understood. SO I'd give them a thumbs down.



Next on the list was He is Legend, Who I saw before and kind of liked. They were even better this time. They were great, the singer was still doing his hippy dancing which was funny as hell. They had a little more screaming this time, which was kind of understandable compared to the first band. I got their newer CD but only got to hear the first 2 songs on the way to work this morning, they sounded good...lol. I definately wouldn't mind seeing them again.



Next 2 we kind of disappointing. It Dies Today, was ok, I wasn't really impressed of course I think I'd only heard one of their songs before. I was just kind of expecting more. And this is where they started oredering people to make the pits bigger and blah blah blah. "Come on DC I wanna see the biggest circle pit EVER!" These "pits" were disgraceful, they were just kids running in a big circle, doing laps. Pits are slaming and spining in a bit of a circle. If Chris had been there with me, we'd shown them, but my job was to keep HB from getting squished. I think this may have been when the kid passed out on HBs foot. I looked over and her and guy next to her bent over quickly, I looked down and there was a kid on the floor, we pulled him up quickly and the bar dude took him to the back. HB thought someone was stepping on her so she started kicking to find out it was a guys head. It was probably heat or dehydration related, he wasn't old enough to drink.




Next up was Aiden, who I just saw on yahoo, it calls a goth punk band, HA they are nothing but posers. I've seen them before and didn't like them then either. The singer wore all his makeup and shit, fake blood on his neck. Again made his compelling speech about how we were all brothers and sisters, we are all the same and whatever horseshit the little kids wanted to hear about them not being outsiders, they belonged with everyone around them, told them to put their arms around each other. Luckily no one touched me or else I'd gotten pissed. They also bitched about Hawthorne Heights getting a bigger "pit" than them last time. That's probably because they are better! But whatever, they suck and it's unfortunate that him and Shane from Silverstein are friends.





Finally Silverstein. As always a great performance. I just love the fact the wear regular tshirt and jeans that they were probably wearing earlier, they don't wear make-up or anything. And on top of all of that, they kick fucking ass!! They did a partial acoustic version of "Call it Karma" which I love and wanted to hear acoustic and towards the end the rest of the band came out and finished it. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play "Already Dead" but all in all was great. I think we got quite a bit of good pics which I will try to add to this tonight or tomorrow. Shane, the singer, was wearing a Rest in Peace, damn it I forgot who, he looked like Ole Dirty Bastard though. I didn't think he died and he turned around and it said the guys name on the back. Whatever I thought it was kind of funny. They made it worth sitting through the other bands and the last song as always was "Bleeds No More" with the Aiden dude, luckily he didn't do or say much, I don't think his mic was working or something. Oh well. And no Encores, so I was a little sad but there was another show after so they had to get everyone out.

Next up is tonight a really late show in Bmore, Boyskout with Uncle Tom, his bro, and Canowine. It will be like Uncle Toms bachelor party again except instead of scary trailer strippers, we will more than likely be the only guys in a sea of butch lesbians. who will probably kick all of our asses. But hopefully it will be a good time. Let you know tomorrow if I survive.