Sunday, June 19, 2005

Otep

First I forgot in the last post, I didn't get to follow my 2 drink limit on Friday, it wasn't my fault though. Uncle Tom kept bringing them, I had like 4 beers and CG got an amaretto and coke and drank a little and said it was too strong so I had to drink it, then she got a Vodka and red bull and did the same thing. I was barely tipsy though so it was all good. Last night I did follow my rule except I had 3 which was really good. There was almost a repeat of last Otep experience, the same guy that I got into it with last year was doing the same shit this year. He is a big boy who just walks through the pit pushing people and throwing the little guys. The pit is for people to jump around and fucking feel the music and slam into people. Now if he'd been headbanging or even bouncing I wouldn't have a problem with him but no he just walked. Luckily I wasn't drunk like last time, plus it was only CG and me so I wasn't going to leave her alone. Though when I went up front to get my pics from up front I made sure to bump shoulders with him. I'm not sure if he remembers me but I sure remembered him. It was a good night though, there were 5 bands, most no names even to me and I don't remember many of them but it was a lot of screaming that I couldn't understand but I liked the music. Otep as usual mixed spoken word and then doing a song. They did their infamous dark and dirty Jonestown Tea. Along with speaking her mind about politics, being sure to say she hated the people in office right now but being sure to say that she supported the troops and their shows and everyone's freedom is thanks to us. Which was really cool. She actually seemed happier this year, first coming out sporting a trucker hat cocked to the side. Jumping around more. Though she did do a couple songs with a stocking hat pulled down over her face. They are a great show and Jaxx is an awesome place to see them because it is so small and intimate. I had a blast.