Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Atreyu, From First to Last, Everytime I Die, Chiodos!!

As most my concerts do it started waiting in line. The main problem with my type of music is all the poser little kids who are annoying as shit. So the show sold out a couple days before HB and I had to wait in line outside for about half an hour or so with all the little kids talking about stupid shit. It was annoying and HB kept reminding me that I was lucky she loved me, but I reminded her how much Marie Antoinette sucked ass. So we get inside get a drink and chill waiting for Chiodos. I have to warn you there isn't many good pics because the lights kept messing it up, we'd get a good shot and a light would hit the camera, we ended up deleting most of them. You can see all the ones we didn't delete HERE AT SNAPFISH.


Chiodos was great!! Full of energy, sounded just as good as on the album. I wanted to go and meet them afterwards but there were so many kids around I didn't want to lose our spot. At the end he gave a speach about how they were regular guys just like us, who love to play music and are lucky enough to make money doing it. It was cool, I will definately want to see them again. Hopefully they will make a new album soon. Next on the bill was Everytime I die.


I forget where I first heard Everytime I Die but I picked up their album a while back, I really liked it. It's very fast, some funny and crazy lyrics. It is definately moshing music!! I need to type these after I see the show so I still have the energy from seeing the band. It's hard to put it into words days after. But I don't have a problem voicing my opinion about the next band, From First to Last.


I remember I first heard From First to Last on a compilation album. The song was "Note to Self" A nice little ballad of sorts but I dug it. I bought the album which was pretty good. I was constantly debating whether or not the singer was a guy or girl though. It was very hard to tell. By the picture you may or may not be as confused as I was seeing Sonny in person. Sonny is like 5 foot nothing, long hair, big hoop earings, looks like a chick, sounds like a chick, but apparently isn't a chick. This was the band all the little kids came to see, they all screamed at the top of their lungs was at a pitch that ruptured my eardrums. This band has moved into my pile of poser bands with My Chemical Romance, Aiden, and whoever else I can't think of at the moment. They had some crappy distortion on the vocals that really hurt my ears too, in betweeen songs when he'd talk you couldn't understand him. It was gay!! But Atreyu wasn't gay!





I missed Atreyu at warped tour a couple years back, because of My Chemical Romance. But they kicked major ass!! Unfortunately I haven't got their newer album yet and didn't know all the song but they played a couple from The Curse. And it sucked because we left early to avoid the traffic and HB was hurting. We were tired and my legs were hurting from standing for 5 hours and she's got a bad knee so I knew she had to be in a lot more pain than I. They definately rocked the place though and thankfully most of the poser kids left after FFTL, their parents were probably outside waiting to pick them up. But all in all it was a great concert besides the kids and FFTL, but live and learn, now I know not to see them again!! Atreyu is the shit though I am getting the new album this week, Deathgrip on Yesterday!!