Sunday, April 10, 2005

Let the Concerts Begin

SO Last night was my first concert of 4 this month, and it was an excellent start. The first band took the stage, I couldn't find them online before the show so didn't know quite what to expect. They were Hotties! And good music too. They interacted great with the crowd and were having fun, which is what it's all about. Luckily at the Black Cat, the first band usually ends up in the back with the mercahndise. So as well as getting them all to sign their EP, I aslo got a couple pics with them and a hug from Lisa Smith, the hot bassist. I was in Heavan!

As usualy we were on the right side of the stage leaning against a stack of 5 15inch speakers so my ears are still ringing from The Pony's, a completely different band from Pony Up. Again a great performance. I missed most of it though going back and trying to catch all Pony Up for the pics and autographs, I had higher priorities.

Then there was Bloc Party. The only problem about seeing bands like this live is that it almost ruins listening to their CD anymore. After you see them having fun feeling their music, it's hard to go back to a bleak studio version. The only thing that pissed me off was seeing Gordon Moakes and Russell Lissack looking like little kids, though they are apparently older than me, ripping these awesome sounds on their guitars. I am so envious it's not even funny. Just some of the URRGGGGG, I can't even explain it, the are great musicians. I suggest anyone who can check out all of these bands. Last night was the last night of Bloc Party's tour in the US so hope you can catch them next time around.

P.S. Next on the list is The Kills on Wednesday!