Monday, March 27, 2006

My weekend, Zombie, and my eye

Had a pretty good weekend. HB had duty, but Saturday we went and looked at houses to rent. We saw a really nice townhouse, the landlord was cool and really liked us. I hope we get that place. I just called to check-up on it becasue they wanted to run a credit check. She said the results were in but she still has to meet with the landlord to see what he wants to do. So everyone keep their fingers crossed. Sunday we had lunch at Jaleo's it was nice. I conned Uncle Tom into going to see Rob Zombie with me. So I didn't have to go by myself. The first band was Bullet for my Valentine who were great. I've heard them before I don't remember if Chris said something about them or if I just stumbled on them on myspace. Anyhow, they kicked ass! I am going to pick up their CD whenever I get the chance. I was suprised as hell that there wasn't a mosh pit. Rob Zombie was up on the balcony watching. It was cool. Next was Lacuna Coil who I've never heard of. They were pretty good but sounded a lot like Evanescence. I mean a lot! Apparently their Italian or something. The chick was a hottie, the dude kept puffing out his cheeks like he had a mouth full of cum but they sounded good. And they were all doing that standing in a line and head banging together, I like that it looks cool. Everyones hair flying at the same time. I told Tom I can't wait til I get out and grow my hair back out but he said HB probably won't let me. The next we had Rob Zombie it won't even let me go onto his webpage from work. Let me first say Damn he looked good for being 40. I remember seeing him on tv when White Zombie first came out and he looked rough and old. He looked good and healthy which is good since most musicians start to go down when they get famous. I'm gonna have to go see Slither next weekend. He plays a doctor in it. But anyway, he kicked ass. It was pure and simple badass rock show. They had a giant screen in the back playing random aneme, how ever that's spelled. Lots of boobs on the screen. Rob was jumping around the front of the stage from one speaker to the next. It was awesome! I talked Tom into fighting through the crowd with me to get up front. We got center stage and like 4 people back from the stage. Hopefully the picks turn out. It's always hard to steady myself with the crowd pushing and then he wouldn't hold very still. Also yesterday I found some spare tickets online for the Yeah Yeah YEah's show next Monday. They sold out in minutes and I was supposed to get tix, I saw them at HFStival 2 years back and have been dying to see them again. Tom has yet to see them. I have to go tomorrow to meet whoever the fuck this guy is and get the tickets at a metro stop. Hopefully HB will lend me a metro check. Today I went for my pre-Op eye exam and they said they may have to postpone my surgery. I am a little pissed off about that. They said my problem eye was inflamed. and they gave me drops. I have to go in Wednesday morning for them to see if they can do the surgery that afternoon or not. They better do it, I want this shit done and over with!!! But yeah thats what it been like so far. I am refusing to wear my uniform today at work. I am wearin my concert T. I am tired as shit. I set my alarm for 5 and woke up a little after 6. Well hope everyone is haveing a great fucking Monday!