Friday, December 01, 2006

HFSmas Nutcracker!

SO this was my first time at Rams Head Live, my directions there were messed up but thankfully with my sharp sense of direction and a few Uturns I got us there a little late. Apparently one of the bands missed a train so they started an hour late, I was hoping the band didn't make it but they did so the show ran later, I'll get to that in a minute. There will be no pics at least unless HFS puts up pics because no cameras were allowed. It was a nice small place, we were in the back where there was a little step to sit on in between sets which was nice and we were still close to the stage, it was great. The first band was 40 Acres. THey were really good. Good old ole school rock, some resembelance to Guns N Roses. The singer interacted well with the crowd throwing out CDs and Tshirts from his santa bag. The guitarist was amazing!! He could definately be the next Slash, he even had hair working on being like his...lol.

Next up was Shiny Toy Guns, the reason the show was late. They fucking sucked ass!! Thankfully they only played like 3 songs and left! The chick was spazing out while trying to sing and play, the keyboard guy looked like the singer from AFI, gay as hell, the other singer/guitar player had the gayest hair, I hope there are pics so you can understand, he had his part shaved on the side of his head with the rest long. The drummer I think was the worst, he had a triangle painted on his eye like he thought he was in Kiss, he kept doing weird ass dancing moves and being over dramatic while playing. It was a trainwreck!!! Supposedly they just played Letterman which aired last night. They sucked ass!!

Next was +44 Which Kicked as much ass as I thought they would. The ladies loved them some Mark, he would come to the edge of the stage to say hi to everyone, making eye contact with everyone in the crowd, throwing pics to people. They played pretty much their whole album, no Blink songs. Here's the amazing part, Travis had a cast on his right wrist, I don't know if it was broken or what but he kicked ass on the drums with one hand! It was great! I could only imagine seeing him play with both. At one point he smoke a cigarrete while playing, I don't think you'd ever see a drummer doing that but all he was doing with that hand was holding it up so why not put a cig in it...lol. It was great, Mark loved talking to the crowd and the crowd loved him! The only problem was the sound was a little messed up with his mic so it sounded a bit distorted, but don't think it was his fault.

Finally 30 Seconds to Mars by this time it was almost midnight and HB and I had to get up early. THey came out the crowd went crazy as the girls drooled over themselves, HB included. We only stayed for a few songs. They were good though but by that time I was tired, hungry and my legs and back was hurting so I wasn't fully enjoying the moment, totally my fault not the bands. They played awesome and Jared didn't preach too much, he got into it a little but nothing over the top so they stay out of that category. It just sucks going to concerts on work night and the parking garage there was horrendously small, I couldn't imagine trying to get out with a shitload of cars. But we made it out safe, I just got a speeding ticket on the way home. They "reduced" the fine, by saying I was doing 67 instead of 76 in a 55. I think they are full of shit, I may have been doing 70 but whatever $80 down the drain again. I wonder how many speeding tickets I've gotten now, at least 10 I think. WHatever. All n all good time, another good show!