Monday, September 25, 2006

Saves the Day, Pistolita, and The Spotlight

My late concert review, I was sick. The sickness started kicking my ass on Saturday and is still kicking my ass but that didn't stop me from seeing my concert. This was my first time going to Ottobar, it was a great little place, really close to the Black Cat, it was smaller which I like and even had a little balcony that is right next to the stage, but Black Cat has beer in a glass and pinball. Anyway, thankfully we were really early and got great seats on the balcony so we were right next to the stage and avoided the tragedies that were to come.

First up was The Spotlight, who was from here in Maryland. I liked them, the singer had a familiar voice, it was just good music to listen to. Rock but not really overwhelming, I haven't heard their myspace page yet so I'm not sure how they sound on there but I guess they have an album that's gonna be released coming in 2007, in which I will probably pick it up. Here is a picture of them between songs.


Next one the list was Pistolita, who I really didn't like their look, they were all wearing little girls pants. I mean they were jeans that were tighter than spandex, the piano guy couldn't even pull them up all the way because they were so tight, and the drummer scared me. But when they started playing I was digging the music. It reminded me a bit of Chiodos because of the piano, the guitarists was screaming a bit in the background, it sounded good. I ended up buying the album saying that I'd buy it if I could get it signed but only the drummer and bassists signed it, we didn't wait around for the others though I just shook the singers hand before I got it, he disappeared. Here is Pistolita's hair, you can't really see their faces, I don't think they have faces, that's how rocker's roll:


Then came Saves the Day, they played a mix of old songs and songs from their new album. Now I like them but haven't taken the time to listen to their older stuff so I just wanted to hear the new stuff. But it seemed for everyone there who were bigger fans than I, the loved the mix. The singer, Chris, had pink hair which only a rock star can do and not get his ass kicked for being a fairy. The crowd was insane though, crowd surfing, moshing, jumping on stage and stage diving. HB and I were laughing at the little poser prissy chicks getting kicked in the face, it was filarious. A couple times the microphone was knocked down by people being thrown on stage. We were very glad that we weren't down there. The Chris made good eye contact with everyone throught his performance, I think he was trying to mack on me and/or HB, he kept giving one of us the eye as you can see in one of the pics below. along with the kids moshing and surfing. All in all it was a good time.