Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Your Vegas, Fiction Plane, and The Bravery

Sorry its taken so long but I have been busy as hell and I'll probably come back later to bitch more about that.

So Friday I went up to Toledo to take my EMT test, it sucked and I was very unsure about all of it, but I found out yesterday that I did pass!! It took me less than an hour and I had to kill 7 hours before the show. SO I drove around it was beautiful out, I found a shopping center and walked around it, I got to chill in a bookstore, it wasn't a borders or barnes and noble though so it wasn't as cool. I didn't find any books that grabbed my attention. I drove around trying to find others but couldn't find any, only bad neighborhoods so I went to the venue which had a bar attached that recently opened so I of course had some drinks while waiting. It was a good atmosphere, I played the video quiz thing for a while, trying not to drink too much.

First up was Your Vegas who was really good, the crowd dug them, I just hate how most people at shows don't really get into the opening acts since they don't really know them. I was jamming as usual. I also made some friends with some girls, so I was slightly distracted. And some underage chicks kept trying to get me to buy them drinks like I was a retard or something, dumbasses.

Next was Fiction Plane, By this time I made my was to center stage with my new friends. We were dancing and having a good time. Again people weren't getting into it, I never heard of anyone but the bravery but that doesn't mean that you can't show the band you dig them. The band definatly noticed my tall ass up front having a good time. The singer came over and gave me five and the drummer threw me a drum stick. I wanted to get it signed but they didn't come over to the merch table...

The bravery of course kicked ass yet again! I was pissed at myself I didn't charge my camera before I left and my battery kept dying when I was trying to take pics, I did get a few but most were blurry apparently it didn't want to use its antishake. Of course everyone was jumping, dancing and having a great time for the bravery. They mostly played songs from their new album but did play a couple from their self titled. They didn't turn the lights up so we stuck around waiting for an encore but then they started tearing down. I was kinda mad, but oh well. It was still a great show as I expected. Well back to homework, I will prob be back later with a bitchy post...