Monday, April 16, 2007

VH1 You Outta Know Tour

SO Last night I went up to Baltimore to see this tour the only reason I went was for the opening act Rocco Deluca and the Burden. Unfortunately cameras weren't allowed or else I would have some kickass pics! You may have seen them on a documentary called I trust you to kill me where Keifer Sutherland is their tour manager and takes them around England. That is where I first saw them, hearing their raw emotions and the greatness of Roccos guitar playing I picked up their CD. I have been a fan since. They are great. It is kind of hard to describe their music, its bluesy, rock, soft rock, pop and well any other genre along those lines. They put on such a great show. Rocco is a guitar god! I had goose bumps for their entire performance, just the way you could see and feel the emotions he puts in singing and the way his guitar seems to be plugged right into your soul. Afterwards they were supposed to be hanging out and signing stuff, so I waited a bit and kept checking the merch booth then I saw them over by a table off from the stage so I bought another copy of their CD so I could have something for them to sign but by time I got back they were gone. I was bummed as hell. Eventually I saw an older lady come from back stage with a signed CD I asked her if she could get mine signed, she said she just kinda snuck back there and the guys were happy to sign it. She told me to do the same thing. I ordered a beer to work up some liquid courage and found my moment and snuck back stage like a little groupie, I walked into their dressing room where a stage hand was bringing them out food and stuff, I asked for their autograph while I nervously tried to explain that I had to buy another CD and that when I got back they were gone. The guys just kinda smiled and said sure, someone asked if they could eat first and I said yeah, sorry, then a stage hand asked for my pass or whose guest I was I said I didn't have one. They kicked me out but they said they were gonna come back out later.

The Feeling was the second band, I missed most of their performance doing all the above but they sounded pretty good. A little different. But I heard a couple of songs that will make me at least check out their CD. The only part that turned me down a bit was the bassist was all checking out the little girls in the front row and winking at them and stuff it was kinda creepy.

Mat Kearny Was the headliner again I missed most of his performance waiting to see if the band was gonna come back out, the drummer came out and then was followed by the percussionist who played the bongos and various small instruments. But all the girls seemed to love Mat, his music isn't really my cup of tea but sounded pretty good. So 2 of the guys from Rocco came out but I was waiting and hoping to catch them all together, finally Rocco came out I apologized for interrupting their meal and he said no problem and happily signed the CD and was just chatting with everyone who came up to him. I waited a little longer but lost track of where the other guys went so I only got Roccos but at least I got that and wasn't kicked out for going backstage. They will be playing a couple more shows in the area next month with Keane but it's already sold out. Definitely go pick up their album and then go see them, I guarantee you will not be disappointed! I will definitely see them any chance I get!!