Monday, January 31, 2005

Arcade Fire



If you don't know who arcade fire is...you need to. Last night I went to see them with John from the Smudge of Ashen Fluff, who will also try to review the show and probably do better than me. But I did it first. So I never heard of this band til a month or so ago when they sold out and john said he had tickets. I listened to them, and dug it, it was definatly unique and pretty good music. I kept listening to only 2 songs on the CD though, "Tunnels" and "Power Out". SO I decided I'd go check it out with him. The show was awesome though. The opening act was a guy who called himself Final Fantasy for some reason. His name was Owen Pallett and he played violin, exquisitly. He also helped play with Arcade Fire. You could feel the energy radiating off into the crowd. High energy consiting of wearing motorcycle helmets and playing drums on them, climbing the balcony while paying, and much more. If they come in your area I definatly suggest checking it out.
Have a listen:
Here's a couple from Merge Records
Download Power Out

|


3 old:

kranki said...

I just got their Albumn. I'm jealous that you got to see them live. They have just been announced as part of the Coachella line up by KCRW. What track is your favorite?

RC666 said...

I think my favorite is Power Out. But the album is nothing compared to seeing them live. As I suspected, if you click Smudge of Ashen Fluff on the other blogs on the side bar, canowine does a brilliant review of the show. I hate his awesome writing skills.

John said...

Dude, thanks for the love! Coachella is going to be HOT this year. Arcade Fire, bloc party, the Bravery, etc etc etc. Too much, too much.

I don't care what anyone says, your blog is WAY more evil than mine.