Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yeah Yeah Yeahs!!




I need a new camera, all pics are dark and really shaky, I need a stabilizer thing or something to help fight with the crowd! Damn blogger is too slow pics are HERE!!


So last night was the Yeah Yeah Yeah's concert. First band up was Blood on the Wall Who were different and by different I mean they sounded like everyone. They reminded me of some classic rock band that I still can't name, then some songs sounded like Pixies and Sex Pistol, and Breeders. The big guy had a cool ass voice though. Nice screaming and fast paced somewhat punk music. Then it slowed down and the chick would sing. It was pretty good, but nothing exciting. Oh yeah I almost forgot this concert was lesbian fest 2006. I mean everywhere, and not the cute lipstick ones either, the really scary butch ones. A couple points the sight of a couple of them really made me nauseous. But it did make it easier to make our way up closer for the YYYs. Although some were pissed and Uncle Tom heard them bad mouthing us but I don't listen to shit like that. The show was great. The part I love the most about concerts like this is when you see them smiling and having a good time. And Karen O was smiling the whole time. Guitarist Nick Zinner was shredding the shit out of that guitar. I mean that guy could play like hell!! I hate him for being talented. Drummer Brian Chase had his girl watching from up in the balcony Karen told us before Maps when talking about everyones love and of course she said I was her love, she looked directly at me and ointed and winked. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! After they were done we hung around up front, I really wanted a drumstick but they wouldn't give me one, Uncle Tom got a setlist which I stole from him and claimed as my own for getting the tickets. But it was good I ripped some poster off the wall for him so he was happy. The whole concert was recorded by NPR, you can listen to it HERE If you listen carefully with it turned up, before and after Phenomena around 25,28-29 minutes you can hear me yell out for canowine, though I used his real name. I wanted to give him a shout out because I figured he'd find the recording and might hear it. Ha Ha we went and saw them and you didn't :P But yeah, I got a lot of pics and hopefully they all come out and I will post them tomorrow. It was the perfect finish to a Monday!