Monday, October 10, 2005

Story of the Year

I am at my other job, so kind of have to make this quick. So the first band was He is Legend which sounded pretty good but the lead singer looked like a hippie and danced around like a hippie fairy. He was freaking me out.

Second band was Anberlin who I've heard a lot of good things about but haven't listened to them. They were ok, didn't really live up to the hype that I was thinking. The singer looked like a late 30s surfer pretty boy.

Third on the list was Funeral for a Friend who kicked ass! Chris's friend Kevin and I went up and got pretty close to the stage and almost got in a fight because apparently some girl in front of Kevin tryed elbowing him the nuts and he called her a name or something and her friends started talking shit. A fight would have been fun, but then we'd missed Story of the Year. Well they played a cover of STP's "Dead and Bloated" that kicked ass!

Story of the Year came out, we fought our was back up front after a couple more drinks. On the second song the singer Dan jumped out in the crowed and surfed over top of us. They did a nice little cover melody, kind of like the Ramones did for MTV that canowine posted this about. I can't remember all the songs, I remember Twisted Sister "we're not gonna take it", 50 cent "Candyshop" and some classic rock songs, I forget them all but it was awesome! It The bassist, Adam, climbed o the speakers ad jumped right on us. It was great, my ears are still ringing and neck is killing me from headbanging. Unfortunately I forgot to put my memory card thing in my camera so I could only take a couple pics, I will post them whenever I make it home. Story of the Year's new CD comes out tomorrow, so everyone needs to go buy it! Next on the list is Senses Fail's Sold out show.