Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Boyskout Concert

I am tired as shit this morning, it has been a while since I did a late night concert on a work night. So Last night Uncle Tom, Canowine, and myself made the drive up to Bmore to a place called The Talking Head, which was like a block from Sonar, we were going to see Boyskout. We knew the were lesbians that rocked. Well we got there and it was pretty uncomfortable. It was a small bar with a stage and upstairs were broken pool tables and video games. Going to the bathroom scared me. You had to go up stairs with no light, walk around the weirdos upstairs and then go down a narrow windy stairs to the bathroom. Looking around everyones sexuality was in question, we were only sure that the 3 of us were straight. Some's gender was in question, trying to figure out if they were guys or girls. It was definately an experience, creepy. Well the first band cam up Pariah Piranha. I dug them, a cool 3 piece, the singer reminded us of old school Hole or maybe Tracy Bonham. She could shred the guitar, they could definately make it big. I wanted to buy one of their shirts at the end but was too tired to mess with it. It had a fish with a talk bubble thing that said "FU 4eva", of course I wanted it for the FU.

Next up was The Degenerettes. They were decent. I feel bad posting it but hey this is my place, we were sitting next to the singer when we came in, she was on of the ones we were trying to figure out her gender. But during their performance she mentioned her being a lesbian so I guess that makes her a lady who looks like a tranny. Again she could tear up the guitar. They had the energy but I just wasn't really blown away. But I guess it was good for a local band.

The there was Baby Asprin. Another local band. They weren't good. They were having a good time which made it at least bearable, but when the singer sang with the guitarist you just kind of wanted to hold your ears. Their voices didn't go together it made me want to howl but feared getting my ass kicked by gays and chicks.

Finally Boyskout. They started out with a bit of technical difficulties with the keyboard but once it was resolved it was on. They rocked!! Everything was great, the vocals, the guitar, the keyboardist/violin player. Christina played the keyboard/vilolin and was backup vocals, She would play the violin while jumping around then drop the bow onto the keyboard and play the keyboard and sing while holding the violin in her shoulder with her head/neck. It looked extremely difficult but then she'd pick up the bow and be right back at it. They put on a great show, everyone was jumping around dancing. I bought their CD and a tanktop for HB. I asked for a medium tank top that was clearly for a woman and the gender bender, I think a chick held it up to me, I had to state that it wasn't for me, she probably didn't believe me. Hopefully Boyskout gets some press and stuff and makes it big, they definately have the talent to. Keep and eye out for them, they're from San Fran.

Unfortunately I didn't remember my camera so no pics. On my way home I got pulled over like maybe 1000 yards from my house for doing 60 in a 35, I think I was only doing 50, but he let me go with a warning. I finally got in bed around 230am, alarm went off at 530am. I got up but then decided to go back to sleep for an hour since my replacement wouldn't be in that early, well it's 930 apparently I could still be sleeping since he still isn't here and I am going to leave soon and he's gonna be fucked. Tomorrow is my last day of coming in!!