Friday, April 25, 2008

Saliva and Sevendust

SO yeah yesterday my buddy told me he was going over to Fort Wayne to see Saliva and Sevendust and asked me if I wanted to come. Of course I wasn't a hard sell, I was like hell yeah I aint doin shit anyway. It was him, his bro, and me in his truck and he had 3 other friends in another one. Well a couple of his friends in the other truck were already drinking alot (not the driver though) So we get there and in and they have chicks going around with trays of test tube shots at this place. They buy 2 trays, we do them and like 20 minutes later they want us to get another one, so we did and one of them was fucked! So I spent most of the opening bands trying to keep him from getting his ass beat and out of trouble. The opening bands were Overscene and Neverset, they were pretty good, unfortunately I couldn't give them my full attention. Same with Saliva because he kept disappearing and we had to try to find him, he was at the bar trying to get more drinks when he was out of money and couldn't get a card out. Thankfully they took him home at that point. So my buddy and his bro were back by the bar all night they didn't wanna get beat up or whatever, they are pretty big boys, almost my height and at least 50lbs on me. SO I was up bymyself for Sevendust, the guitarists kept trying to throw me guitar picks but they kept hooking and falling short. I was right up front there was like 3 people in front of me maybe. SO I went back and made my buddy come up, it took some talking and calling him a pussy and pulling him but he was happy when we got up there, we weren't getting shoved that much the pit was kinda close but not too close. The singer ended up throwing me a hand towel that I caught, then I ended up getting a pick finally but I gave it to my buddy for inviting me and coming up front with me. It was a good time. Unfortunately they wouldn't let cameras in. Oh yeah we did get to see some titties waiting for the encore, some chicks got up and was flashing. That kinda made the night just that much better...lol. Good times!