Friday, March 11, 2005

THE CRIMEA, ASH, and THE BRAVERY oh my!

What a great freaking show! I had to get up at 6am this morning so I didn't drink to much and remember the entire show. Yay! I also got an arms length from the stage and got some good pics, well I think so, I'll check later and post some. I was blown away starting with the opening band. THE CRIMEA (pronounced cry-me-ah) blew mw away. Ironically when Ech and I were in line to get in, we were talking about The Doors and Jim Morrison being wasted at most of his shows. The Lead singer Davey took the stage and acted really wasted. Through his performance he almost clocked a fan with his guitar, knocked down the mic stand several times, did a skinny white boy puck dance that if you did anywhere but on stage you probably wouldn't leave alive. But the music was just magnificient. When we met Davey later he didn't seem wasted, it may have just been an act or him feeling the music As soon as they left the stage I ran to buy their EP "Lottery Winners on Acid", which is great, though not as hard as they performed. They ended their set with a song called Opposite Ends, I can't even explain their greatness of this song live that isn't on the EP. Towards the end they went into this instrumental break that brought a tear to my eye. It was this excruciatingly loud screaming guitar with Davey wailing in the background. Oh I wish I could explain it, it was almost like Nirvana unplugged "Where did You Sleep Last Night" I was totally engulfed in the moment. Ok but then afterwards we met and talked with the entire band by the merchant table and had them all sign or EP.

The next act was ASH who I didn't know to well. They were apparently headlining the tour but then came on second to our suprise. They were very engaged with the crowd. They played alot of fast paced crowd jumpin' songs. They had a lot of fans who came just for them. They had great great guitar solos, though the bassist was very wierd, looking like he was pissed and giving everyone a death stare. We talked about it afterwards and think he may just trying to be like Wes from Limp Bizkit and be that guy in the band.

The we get to THE BRAVERY God, the whole show just completly rocked. Their hair was like Elvis, except the singer Sam Endicott who reminded me more of The Misfits hair. I don't know. It always seem I end up on the wrong place at shows. I am usually on the right side, which I was last night, and the bassist Mike H was on the left. He not once but twice surfed the crowd which was awesome and the first time I actually saw a band member do that. And later an older (like probably 50s) couple was in the front row ended up undoing his pants and they dropped not once but twice also. I know at least one picture of Sam came out, I literally had the camera in his face. He seemed to love performing with his Elvis like dance moves and leaning out over the crowd. They came back out for an encore since Sams parents were in the crowd, probably the one's pulling down Mike's pants. Damn out of all the shows I've seen this one definatly ranks top 5, which is outstanding for the bands not really being that famous. Plus usually the opening band isn't good or one just doesn't sound that good. All 3 bands kicked ass and rocked The Black Cat