Friday, April 22, 2005

Garbage

Ok as you can see below the pics suck. It was packed and there was no way of getting closer. The show was good, Garbage rocked, the ending was confusing and phasmagorical(I always like when I can use that word). First on the list was the Dead 60s, I heard their song "Riot on the Radio" on the comp and dug it. Most of their songs sounded the same, but it did rock. During the perfomance of "Riot..." the lead singer pulled out a cowbell and started playing it. This was our highlight of their performance. As all should know Will Farrell did a skit on SNL playing Blue Oyster Cult and was playing the cowbell, it was hilarious. But I would have to say they were just OK. We met them outside and talked a bit, they were pretty cool people. Again I was a little upset that there wasn't stickers there and complained to the band who went into their RV and got us stickers.

At the end of the intermission the lights dimmed and Johnny Cash's version of Hurt came on. God that's such an awesome cover. At the end of it Garbage took the stage, the crowd goes wild. They played an awesome mix of old and new stuff. Shirley Manson was hot as hell with her short skirt, fishnet stockings and a top that had pretty much no back. I think they said on the radio she's 37, she has to be the hottest 37 year old ever! She seemed to make eye contact with everyone in the audience at some point of their performance, which was great, it really made you feel she was there for just you. I'm sure she was eying me, of cource I was the tallest guy leaning on the bar wearing a bright orange shirt(that was my plan). Ok they break and come back for their encore. On the 3rd song which I think was "Sex is not the enemy", it was a new song, I was pretty drunk by this time as well. She was talking about showing us something and pulled the top of her top down, as we could see earlier from her back, she wasn't wearing a bra. So top comes down and she has a wrap or something, all we could see was tan, no boobs or nipples. Here's the phantasmagorical part... So police take the stage and grab her dragging her off from stage, the band seems mad, the drummer thows a drumstick at the police guy taking her. Another one takes the stage and grabs the mic and says shows over. Many of us stood there in disbelief, light came on they started taking apart the set. Was she really arrested for pretending to flash the audience, or was it an act? I listened to the radio this morning and they were debating it but never gave me an answer. But overall they still rock like hell. Next Friday I will be back at 930 club for Silverstein and Fallout Boy!