Monday, April 04, 2005

Next Phase please

I just finished a book called Blankets by Craig Thompson. It was an interesting book, though not much of a book, it is more like a huge comic book without superheroes. It seems books and movies I have seen lately don't really have an ending. You know those movies where at the end everything is wrapped up nice and everyone lives happily ever after, ok maybe not happily, but you know it's the end. Everything lately has been left open, most movie because they want to do sequels. It is really annoying. This book though strangely enough relates to real life. Which brings me to my theory that life is all stages, I am pretty sure I'm not the only one. You know as a kid you have your childhood chums you play games at the park and stay over at each others houses, then you start to drift and become casual acquaintances til High School. High school you make completely new friends and hardly even look in the old friends direction, it wasn't really snubbing off though I was ridiculed a few times from being a completely different person. After High school you have to become an adult and usually lose touch with everyone from high school except about 2 or 3. Then you get married have your own family and make new friends usually at your office or wherever. Then if your unfortunate, sometimes seems lucky, as me you start back over as a single person. Then you make new single friends to hang out with, you can't have your wingman being married. Sometimes you look back and see all these different phases and wonder why am I not friends with those people from down the block, we used to be such great friends but then I guess we just grew up and apart. What ever happened to the next door neighbor's grand-daughter the one who was my first kiss, last time I saw her was when my son was born and she was working at the hospital part time and going to school. I haven't seen her since. The guys who lived down the block, my childhood chums, I have no clue what happened to one who was my best friend since I could walk or his brother. One that used to play sports and stuff with us at the park was recently arrested for burglary, murder and possible rape of an old man(and they said I was the weird one). SO where's the next phase going to end up?

|


1 old:

thtgrl said...

GOOD question. I ask myself everyday. I think I'm ready for it, whatever it is. Only because I've gone through the other phases first.