Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Relationships Continued

Ok SO I have been taking up a lot of space on ThatGirl's comment box. SO here's what I wrote last night:
What do people want from relationships? Do we even know what we want? Most women want the crap they see on Lifetime, which I hate to tell you, doesn’t happen. Most will say someone to love them or someone to grow old with; I think that’s what I would say. OK next question, when do you want it? Do you really want it now? Most would probably say yes, but really think about it. I have been there done that as many have. The best advice I pass to younger people, like I am old, is wait for marriage, if it’s true love it will be there when you guys are more mature. Granted they never listen like I didn’t when I was there. Anyone who knows me or read this site knows I am only 22 years old, though sometimes I try to act out like a 22 year old, I am actually more mature. I have lived a lifetime in a short time. The past 4 years I turned 18 and partied, got married (because she was pregnant), had a child, been laid off, and been divorced. That is pretty much Middle American life. Though now I am trying very hard to be selfish and have fun, it is still kind of hard, knowing that my ex is sitting back home with my son, though there isn’t much I can do about it right now. Right now though how much I want that “Soul mate” to grow old with, if you had the person right now you would miss out. I missed out on living as a carefree 18-year-old life, I was working when I could to pay bills and feed my family. When I turned 21 I couldn’t go out and do the bar or club scene. Though I love my son and I wish that first marriage would had been with my “Soul mate” and at the time I thought she was, it wasn’t and we missed out. People nowadays need to come to terms of what they “really want, right now” and discuss it with the “possible partner”.

Here's what I was thinking today:
Obviously I don't know much about relationships, most of mine weren't the best times of my life, though you may think so at the time. I think marriage is over-rated. People should have enough respect for their partner and the discipline to not need a certificate saying that they love the other. I really envy Uncle Tom and Sugarduck. They are by far the perfect couple. Though I haven't spent much time with them both together. Just knowing them and hearing how Tom talks about her, I know. They seem to be just both giving in the relationship, no take. They are perfect together, I hate them...j/k. OK I am getting paid by the hour now so, I need to actually start working. Have a good day, Tonight is THE KILLS!!!