Sunday, December 24, 2006

I'm home for the holidays

I am back from Ohio. It was good to see my son. I bought him a couple gifts at the toy store and didn't bother wrapping them I let him pick out a Star Wars game and a remote control bigfoot. He seemed to enjoy them and wrapped up magnetics and some leapster games for the leapster his mom bought him for christmas. I was there almost a week and it was still pretty hecktic running around trying to see my family. My parents bought me some clothes and stuff since I didn't really want anything but they suprised me like they usually try to with one big gift. They bought the first grandfather clock that my great grandpa made at the auction last month. I've been saying how much I wanted one since I saw the one he gave to them. Apparently my grandma I don't really care for and my mom got into it about it. My grandma wanted to buy it for my cousin who doesn't really visit with him or anything and my mom said no I was going to get it, she didn't care if she had to go get a loan to pay for it. My grandma is a bitch! But all is good. They said whenever I get settled into a house they would bring it to me. I am excited, it is really nice too. My great grandpa told me that he added me into his will to be a pallbearer if I was around, I told him that I would come home no matter where I am. It is just hard to see him. I don't think he will make it through the year. He is doing pretty good but he just got released from a home again and back to his apartment the day before I got back. Mom told him that I wanted his war scapbook, I hope he changed that in the will, it was going to go to a museum, he's got pictures of Hitlers palace and some of the people over there, there are a few of the concentration camps that are gross but it is what he saw and it is something I would want to keep with the family and pass it down along with the clocks. I told HB last night that I need to go get a nice suit after the new year. Normally when someone goes that is married for as long as he was they go within a year afterwards but he is strong and keeps fighting but I still think his body is giving out. It is funny listening to him talk though. I heard some more stories this time. He goes to the american legion and such and was telling us how he was getting in an argument with some racist people complaining about mexicans coming across the border. He said they had more of a right to be here than most of us. I thought it was funny because most old timers are racist against everyone. OK I am getting sad again.

It is good to be back home with HB, I missed her too much being gone. I feel bad that I don't have a good gift to give her. I bought her a snoopy but I don't feel thats enough, I've grown up used to the fact that most get a bunch of things and usually one big gift that they really wanted and I haven't found anything that screamed HB to me. Sorry I haven't caught up on everyones blogs, I am actually looking forward to going back to work, though I like being lazy I need something to keep me occupied...lol. I'll probably be complaing about work next week. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!