Monday, April 23, 2007

April is the month of Death

SO my great grandpa dies yesterday. Obviously this isn't much of a surprise, he was 91. I've mentioned him several times on here so I am not going to do a big look back thing. He was truly a great man and I wish I could be a quarter of the man he was. Mom said she say him Saturday and he wasn't doing good, he couldn't sit up and couldn't really talk. He had been there and worse before and still overcame and came back better but this time must have been too much. My biggest complaint or perhaps even fear is if his son, my grandpa will even come to his funeral. He didn't come when his mom died so I kinda doubt he will. My grandpa used to be a good guy and probably still is but he is a tool. His wife, my step grandma, took him and moved to Arizona years ago leaving all of us, here and didn't really have anything to do with us. We last saw them when we drove out to San Diego when I was somewhere between 14-16. I tried talking to them a couple years back when I was in Connecticut, just trying to stay connected and let them know they had a great grandson and well just kinda hope that there were other circumstances for them not being around other than they didn't want to. Well we communicated through emails and phone calls for a couple months and then they moved to Georgia, no more phone calls no more emails no nothing. They didn't tell me much except they were moving and didn't give me any forwarding info, I thought maybe they would call or email me later when they got settled but nothing. He actually called my parents when I was back last time to wish them a Happy Easter but only left a message and with my uncle being dead they didn't really feel like calling them back. I severely doubt that they will come, him and my great grandpa had words after great grandma died but I am not sure what all was said, I don't know the cause of anything. I don't have a clue what I'd do or say if I did see them. All I know is that if they don't come they will all also be dead to me. They have never attempted to see their great grandson, or hell me, or even his 3 kids all they care about is their one son they had together. If they don't come I will get their number and call them to let them know that they no longer have a grandson or great grandson and I hope they are happy. Fuck them. Since I have been getting older I have been seeing how crappy my dads side of the family is. Great grandpa was the only kind one out of them aside from my dad and some cousins. My mom side of the family who I always thought was dysfunctional with people being in jail and people who do drugs are the closest and most caring, they would do anything for each other. Its just weird to look at it grown up than when you were a child and how delusional I was back then. My dads side of the family never once offered to help my with anything, never once just called and asked how I was or if I needed someone to watch my son. My moms side would give you their last 5 bucks to get gas for coming in, ask if I wanted to go out if they could watch my son and spend time with him. Almost every other Saturday night my uncle Don would call my parents to see if my son was over there and if they wanted him to come over so they could go up to the VFW like they usually do every Saturday night. Its just fucked up. Everything is always fucked up. I just wish I could get rich somehow and watch my dads family run to my side then so I can snub my nose at them like they have always done to my and my parents. Someday, someday Karma will come back to bite them.