Thursday, April 05, 2007

To my uncle Don

Yesterday my mom called me to let me know my uncle Don died. I am/was set to go back tomorrow. It sucks I didn't at least get to see him before he went. We did hang out for a while last time I was back, I drove him up to the hospital and to my cousins. He was far from a good person. He did lots of drugs had been in and out of prison but he was still my uncle and would do anything for family. He was the youngest of 6 kids. He lived with his mom most the time the last few years. Luckily he apparently wasn't there when he died. He was staying with a girlfriend who came home from work and he wouldn't wake up. If he was at grandmas who knows how long he'd be there before they found out. He slept all the time. He had a bad messed up shoulder and back that prevented him from working. He used to watch me while I was little and would torure me once locking me in the closet for something stupid but over the years had matured and we would laugh about it. He used to tie my garfield to the fan just out of my reach to fuck with me. But since I've grown up we hung out a bit and were cool. After my split with my ex he told me he almost went after her cousin/baby daddy because he was pissed that she was with him so soon after we split. He said he would have got his ass kicked since the guy was a lot bigger than him but he would have stabbed him or something. He said that giggling but we both knew he was serious. He would go to jail for a family member no problem. He had god knows how many kids from who can guess how many mothers. Lately he reconnected with a daughter that is around 15, he was trying to make up for the lost years and be there for her and guide her. He always wanted to be sure that no one turned out like he did. He knew he was an addict and wouldn't be anything professional. But he tried to be a decent person. When my mother told me I was kind of in shock and didn't really cry until I told HB, I drowned myself in some Beam for him. I still can't really comprehend him being dead. You expect old people to die. I've been saying that I need to buy a suit for when my great grandpa dies because he's 90 I know he'll go soon I didn't think that my uncle who may have been barely 40 would go first. So much for celebrating my mom and dads 25th wedding anniversary this weekend. I'm sure we'll all be too busy mourning. I don't know what I'll do when/ if I see my grandma crying. I've never seen her cry, I lose it when I hear/see my mom crying. It's crazy. I am pretty sure it has something to do with drugs, he either OD'd or just the years of drugs tore his body down. He will be missed by those who loved him. He'd always make us laugh and was fun as hell to fuck with. Later Don.