Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Love Dare Day 1

SO I realize that my posts are kind of all over lately but there is a lot of things that I am working on and trying to repair about myself and my life. A week or so ago my wife gave me a book called the Love Dare. There is spaces in the book to write things, but I am sure we will need to go thru it several times so I don't really want to clog it the first go around. So I figured I would write it here.


Day 1 is to have patience and say nothing negative. I have been trying to have patience and yesterday I did not say anything negative. I do say negative things quite a bit. I try to stay positive but it is hard. The last week or so my wife has not shown me any affection or really talk to me about anything in particular. In AA there is a saying "Live and Let Live" I was thinking about this a lot last night. We still shower together but there is no more snuggling of loving touching. I was just standing there looking at her wondering how long it would be until she felt affection for me again. And that's when I realized I had to let her Live and not concentrate as much about how I feel about it. Easier said than done. But I didn't say anything. When she got out, I sat in the shower and prayed for the strength and the courage to make it thru this part of the rough and hope that she feels the same. I need to remain patient and hope that the affection will come back.