Tuesday, October 07, 2014

AA

So I think that I may have mentioned several years ago going to Alcoholics Anonymous after my DUI. That was court ordered, I was not ready to quit drinking. I was looking back at just my few posts and I know that I have mentioned several times of planning to stop or cut back in my drinking. I have several times used will power, that would get me at most I think 30-40 days sober, then slowly I would succumb to my old ways. Today I am 41 days sober. Since the last incident that landed me into the situation explained in the post before. I had hit my bottom... I was lucky enough that my bottom was mostly internal, I still have my house, job, and family. However I know that I, myself, cannot go on like that. It has led to several suicide attempts and me hating life. I decided that my will power and my self is weak and broken. That is why I was not able to stay sober by myself. I always had excuses, I am somewhat in the public, I can't go to an AA around my town. I have to go far away, well my schedule is busy so I don't have time. Finally I made the decision to get the help I needed and went to the AA down the road that I knew. I walked in, on my own, and asked for help. I was welcomed with open arms. They have helped give me strength when I was weak. They have helped me try to connect more with my God. Which as I said before, I didn't feel as tho he was listening to me. I know that my wife and I have a long hard journey ahead of us. Chances are maybe 50/50 on us making it. It is a sad thought. But I am here fighting for my sobriety, my life, and my family. And if anyone thinks they need some help, has any thoughts they want to share, I will be here and am willing to listen....