Monday, August 28, 2006

New Edition to the Household

So Friday I went a blew a bunch more money on stuff for our aquarium and when HB got home and saw how nice I made the tank look we decided not to wait and to go get the baby bearded dragons. The problem with getting babies is that you can't tell the difference between males and females so we named the fat one Homer and the little skinny one Marge and hopefully we guessed right but after yesterday I don't think we did. Beardies do a couple things to show obedience, a head bob and arm wave. Reading the books the obedient males do it to the bigger males and the females do it to the males. Homer kept waving his arms yesterday. It looks really funny when they do it, it's like little slow arm circles, one arm then the other and he opens his mouth like he's hissing or something. Since Homer is so much bigger and eats like crazy I assumed he would be dominant but maybe we were wrong. They are so cute though and awesome. They are our babies. We've only had them a couple days but I worry about them and hope they are getting enough food and stuff. It is hard because if they eat crickets too big it can paralyze or kill them.

Other news this weekend, we went to a friends party Saturday that was fun. Had some drinks with some old friends and hung out. A guy passed out on the couch and got his picture taken with my ass in his face. Sunday we didn't get dressed or even open the front door, I did go outside the backdoor to get some crickets for our babies. I keep the crickets in a smaller fish tank that was free from HBs friend but take it outside to transfer them over to be sure that if some get away from me they are outside and not in the house. But that was about it for our weekend. Hope everyone else had a good one and I'll try to get some pics of our beardies soon and maybe even put my ass up for a HNT (just kidding!)