Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cricket Story

Now I know my 2 usual readers don't care but I need to vent and let anyone else who may stumble over this blog know some things. As you know HB and I have 2 babie bearded dragons. They eat live feeder crickets, live crickets aren't cheap in pet stores, they range roughly around 10 cents a cricket and they estimate how many they put in because they aren't going to count out 50 crickets. Well I originally ordered crickets through Bigappleherp.com who sucks ass!! No one ever order from Big Apple Herp! I was pretty happy the first couple times I ordered but then they sent me the wrong size crickets before I left for our weekend getaway so I had to go to the pet store and buy more that they could eat now. I sent them an email saying I was upset about them messing up my order and they even changed the history of my order to the wrong size but I had the confirmation email that stated the correct size. I asked what they would do to correct the problem and make me happy, they never responded. Fuck them! I tried to give them a chance to redeem themselves, they blew it. So I found Southern Cricket Wholesale, I ordered from them. They are a lot cheaper and you can actually track the shipment free. DHL sends you an email that I watched it leave their store in Mississippi at 4pm, got to Ohio around 1am, got to Maryland at 6am, and was on the delivery truck at 8am, and at my door by 1pm. I got the box and was amazed by how many crickets there were! Big apple sent a small box that didn't seem to have many crickets in it but I was trusting that there were the 500 I ordered. With Southern crickets, there were tons more, they guaranteed an over count. When I put the "same" 500 crickets from them in, they covered the whole tank!! It looked like thousands, I thought I got charged more or something but nope, $14 for everything as opposed to the $23 I had to pay for what appeared a lot less though Big Apple. So my recomendation to anyone who wants the cheapest crickets and the most crickets for your money so Order from Southern Cricket Wholesale!!