Thursday, February 24, 2005

A Little Excercise

As per Arethusa and The Smudge They have a little exercise to do:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

This is from the book sitting closest to me:

"Frightful outrage. Are you drunk yourself?"
"Now sir, a place and time for everything."


Not the most interesting 3 sentences in the book. The book is awesome though. Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: Great Writers on Good Times
is the book. It is pretty good, I am only half way through it. It is little short stories and some poems.

|


2 old:

Unknown said...

If I hurt your feelings we ought to discuss it. I don't like this kiss and forget." (anthony)

"But I don't want to argue." (am including the next sentence so it makes sense) "I think it is wonderful we can kiss and forget, and when we cant it'll be time to argue." (Gloria)

The Beautiful and Damned, my lunch book, therefore the only one I have at work!

Laura said...

"Their ranks also included the less well known but far more successful Angria family of pirates from India. For a period of 30 years the Indian Ocean was a hotbed of piratical activity, producing some of the most enduring pirate legends. Following the return of Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama from India in the late 15th century, a new sea route was opened between India and Europe, via the African coast."

Ah, "The History of Pirates". Wonderous.