Sunday, January 14, 2007

Poker sucks

So I wasted about 40 bucks this weekend playing poker. I entered my first tournament and was doing really really good! I was up to 8th place and had a good hand but got beat by a better hand and finished just outside getting a cash prize, my second tounament I got knocked out about the same way but on the second hand. After that I got pissed and started playing some small cash games. It's not good to play when your pissed. Anytime I had a good hand, no one would bet with me and Id only win small pot. When I had an ok hand and stayed in to see if it was the best I would loose. It wasn't a good weekend.But I will keep playing for fake money during the week and hopefully get my skills up. Its hard because it seems some people just bet big to make everyone fold but the time you try to call their bluff they have a better hand than me. Hopefully next weekend I can win my money back. All I need is to place in one of these tournaments, the first one I could have won like 300 bucks. You win some and lose some, hopefully next weekend I'll win some.