Friday, January 12, 2007

Senses Fail Again!!

SO as usual when I go to concerts on workdays, I am tired as hell! Luckily I was home and in bed by midnight but still had to get up at 6am.




First up was a band called The Sleeping, they were ok, their songs seemed really really long though. They would stop and people would clap and then they'd start up again and I would start thinking that the music sounds the same as the last song, then he would start singing and then I'd be like oh this is still the last song. Also the singer kept asking for us to tear the place up but the music wasn't really that kind of music. They sounded ok though, maybe they'll get better.





Next up was Alexisonfire, these guys rocked. They sounded good, I think I'd heard a couple of their songs before. They seemed to be having a blast, the singer was wearing some short cut off jean shorts, which was just funny to look at. I will probably pick up their album and listen some more and maybe see them again. They sold me on their music. Unfortunately I didn't really research any of the bands, I was just going to see Senses Fail. Plus the guitarist did a triple or quadruple guitar spin, you know how some guitarists trow their guitars from the front down behind them and it comes up over their shoulder, well he threw it around and kinda hoola hooped it around several times, it was AWESOME! Plus the singer went out on the crowd and was singing, I always love when they do that, even if it was on the other side from me.





Then Saosin, all the teeny boppers loved them. They sounded ok, the singers voice reminded me kind of Chiodos lead singer, I liked his voice. The crowd was moshing and jumping all over the place, but it again didn't feel like that kind of music. The singer called for people to crowd surf to give the bouncers up front something to do. SO this band I am kind of on the border with, I may check their music out if I remember. Also I think this was when I got knocked around. At one point a pit opened up in front of me, no big deal I stood there, wasn't too bad then apparently one opened a little ways next to me and someone hit someone and they flew into me and sent me flying, I thought I got hit by a car! But all was good and even though I forgot to wear my steel toed boots, my feet survived.










Senses Fail !!! They kicked ass!! They played a good mix of new and old stuff, the crowd was going crazy! Buddy, the singer, was working on his mic cord swinging and pulled off some really cool ones including jumping off a speaker, swinging it behind his back and catching it under his leg. Also at one point he went off the stage and was doing something and he came back on stage doing back hand springs. The only slight problem was it seemed like he couldn't scream too well. Some of the spots that should have been screams he lightened up. I don't know if he's got a cold or something but he still rocked. That's got to be hard as hell, singing and screaming all the time then you get sick, you can't let down the fans, you got to keep your schedule. If that was the case he didn't let me down I still loved every minute of it! They will be on the Taste of Chaos Tour withe the Used, but not coming around here, if they come by you, GO SEE THEM! And they ended the show with one of my favorite songs from the new album, The Priest And The Matador and I'll leave you with the lyrics!

Here I lie
Staring At
Clouds and Shapes
Of dogs and cats.
I hear a woman
Start to yell
"Oh dear God, I think he fell"

I'm the arrow,
Shot straight to hell
From the bow of William Tell.
My body lies
Kissing the ground
Like a cross turned upside down.

A priest is rushing
To my side,
Begins to read me
My last rites.
Father you're too late
My faith is weak
So won't you save your
half-hearted speech.

A man bends down and says,
"Son, we're going to get through this one
take my hand and let us pray..."
I scream, "Please get the fuck away."

The ambulance is singing
As cops push back the crowd
I start to take my last breath,
As blood pours out my mouth.
The medics walk in my way
I think this could be it.
I hear them start to state
The time of death is half past six.

I'm the arrow,
Shot straight to hell