Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pearl Harbor Day



I know most do not consider today an actual holiday, well I guess neither do I, I mean no present, no day off. Well I guess today is a day of rememberence that most people forget. On this day in 1941 the Japaneese attacked our small island of Oahu. 21 US Navy ships were sunk or destroyed and we lost approximately 2,403 lives in an attack that took less than 2 hours by 353 planes. Which sparked the US to join in the fight of World War 2 and also 4 years later towards the end gave us a reason to drop not one but 2 atomic bombs onto Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Teach the world not to fuck with the USA because we're some crazy ass kicking motherfuckers! They even made a nice little movie turning yet another tagedy into a love story(I still refuse to watch Titanic to this day) starring Ben Affleck, and to that I post this song.

Pearl Harbor by Team America

I miss you more then Michael Bay missed the mark
When he made Pearl Harbor
I miss you more than that movie missed the point
And that’s an awful lot girl
And now, now you’ve gone away
And all I’m trying to say is
Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you

I need u like Ben Affleck needs acting school
He was terrible in that film
I need u like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
He’s way better than Ben Affleck
And now all I can think about is your smile
and that shitty movie too
Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
I guess Pearl Harbor sucked
Just a little bit more than I miss you


This morning I participated in yet another "last" color guard detail where we raised and lowered the flag for Pearl Harbor. I unfortunatly forgot my shoes at home and had to sueeze my size 13 feet into Uncle Toms exra size 10 1/2 shoes which sucked ass but not as bad as Pearl Harbor.