Thursday, December 15, 2005

Random facts for my last day at USU

Today I am turning in my keys and geeting my 5.26GB of music off my computer and clearing the shit from my desk. Good riddance to this place, though I know I'm gonna miss it. I don't wanna get all emotional and cry and shit(yeah right). But here is some random facts that will cheer myself and everyone else up.

In India, a 9-year-old girl was "married" to a stray dog, which tribal custom requires in order to protect a child whose first tooth appears on the upper gum.

The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day. (Why,Why,Why?)

The Welwitschia plant can live up to 1,000 years.

Over 175 million cubic yards of earth was removed for the creation of the Panama Canal.

India has the most post offices in the world.

There are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day. (Let's get that number up to 200million!)

Mexico City boasts the world's largest taxi fleet with over sixty thousand taxis running every day.

Queen Elizabeth II was Time Magazine's "Man of The Year" in 1952. (That's a man, baby!)

When a women is pregnant, her senses are all heightened. (And her cooter catches a cold and leaks snot!)

About 500,000 kids in the US live in same sex households.

When a polar bear cub is born, it can not see or hear. It takes approximately a month for the cub to start to see and hear.

There are five million scent receptors located in a human beings nose.

The artist Michelangelo's full name in Italian is Michaelangelo di Lodovico di Lionardo di Buonarroto Simoni.

The oldest documented footwear found was a 8,000 year-old sandal found in a cave located in Missouri, USA. (Chris found them and wears them almost everyday)

In 1685, New France used playing cards as currency because of the shortage of coins. (Great if you had extra cards when it started!)