Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I love my guitar!

SO since I've gotten my guitar I play every week night(weekends I am too drunk and usually not home) until my fingertips hurt from the strings and my hand cramps from positioning them. I am really trying not to let it be like my electric one I got when I was 16. I was really too busy partying then to learn. Friday I broke a string already and had to go to Guitar Center(HELL). It is so freaking huge and crowded of people and little children playing instruments probably better than I ever will(I hate them all) and the people who work there flock to them and ignore the tall skinny guy dressed like a bum(cuz he has no money)and got new strings, then I broke it while trying to put it on and had to go back last night. FOr all those who need to know how to restring a guitar here is a video for you. Restring your guitar although it shows an electric it shows you the basic that you can use on an acoustic. Also if your good at hearing notes (I think I am deaf, too many concerts and loud noises) Check out this Online tuner.

Anyway I usually spend a night trying to do one song, though the next night I usually forget how to do the song from the night before. Last night I learned Nine Inch Nails- Something I Can Never Have, from the Natural Born Killers soundtrack. It is super easy, only 3 notes. Of course most of the song is piano/synthesizor/other things which I didn't think about when I picked my song to learn. One thing that pisses the hell out of me, when I look up tabs for a song, every different site has a slight variation of how to play the song. I found today that Ultimate guitar has pretty much every song and has the variations as well. It really helps because their all on one site as opposed to searching for one song and getting a million different sites. This week I will be concentrating on Nirvana Unplugged (My all time favorite band and album!) I found a way to copy the tabs into word so I can take them home with me to aleviate the need for me to get online and be distracted by yahoo messenger and AIM and all the rest of the things that people pop up. Well I will probably still be on there, but invisible so I can chose who's worth distracting me.