Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Mermaids!!



This is a photograph of a dead mermaid that was washed onto a Chennai beach after the Dec 26 tsunami. I received this pic in an email as many of you probably have. This is supposed to be just another email prank. No one has actually seen the body/carcass or what ever you would call it. I don't see why people are such non-believers to begin with. Why can't there be mermaids? Obviously someone somewhere sometime saw one or else how would they be able to invent such a thing. The only problem I have with the notion is why are they all perceived to be females, shouldn't there be male ones too. Do they breed like fish, they don't look like they could do it like mammals like the bloodhound gang.

Perhaps the doubt started because of PT Barnum. According to Ripley's believe it or not in 1842 people paid 25 cents to see the "Fiji Mermaid", but later he admitted that it was the upper half of a monkey fused together with the bottom of a fish. Perhaps if people wouldn't kept fooling everyone we'd all still believe. It's "the boy who cried wolf" syndrome. Just because we don't have proof doesn't make it not real. No I am not a hypocrite for saying how can someone believe in a God they have never seen him, he is a supposed supernatural being which is a totally different story. This is just a creature/animal. I'm also not saying I believe I am just saying it might not be as absurd as everyone says.

|


3 old:

Unknown said...

I llike mermaids, I hope it is real.

I posted you some questions!

Bruingirl said...

I used to be a mermaid and we do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel. A witch cast a spell on me so that I can have legs and walk the earth. Oh, wait...that was Splash!

Laura said...

good lord. if i saw a mermaid that looked like that i'd be super freakin'! that is one scary-ass mermaid!