Friday, October 28, 2005

Happy Friday's random thoughts and Useless facts

So it's Friday. We had a little awards breakfast this morning that Uncle Tom kept getting awards, which I think is proof that he really is superman. Keoki was kind of mad that I put a pic of him up yesterday but then laughed when he saw it so I think it's ok. So what's my plans for this weekend? Not much I am seriously cutting down on drinking. Granted I have done this before but only for short times but I have a better reason this time. When HB comes back she's gonna have her son and the last thing she'll need is a drunk hanging around. I've been trying for a while but lacked the discipline or reason to quit I mean yeah I felt like shit alot but hey that's how I felt emotionally why not actually make my body feel that way too, right. Last night I was bored as shit and was really close to making a drink and playing some Halo but instead I picked up my weights that I have barely lifted since I got them. I figured and mix this up with trying to play my guitar again since that has also fallen by the wasteside to me getting drunk instead. I lose ambition on things way to easy. But on a good well actually GREAT note a friend at work is moving and said she can't fit her old furnature in her new apartment and said she'll give me it for free. I will find a way to get this shit in my apartment, it is really nice. Huge entertainment stand, couch, 2 chairs. Chris is leaving his computer desk, all I'll have to buy is a bed and I am set! I am excited. I am helping him move his stuff out this weekend and am hoping to pick that up and drop it off. The landlord wanted me to wait a week or so to move in so he can clean up a bit. But I wanna move in now, get the hell out of the barracks and have a stove and a full size fridge/freezer. I am stocking that shit up!! But besides all that just trying to keep my sanity, bored as hell at both jobs, so here's some Useless shit:

Washington State has the longest single beach in the United States. Long Beach, WA.

The largest living thing on the face of the Earth is a mushroom underground in Oregon, it measures three and a half miles in diameter.

The town of Los Angeles, California, was originally named El Pueblo la Nuestra Senora de Reina de los Angeles de la Porciuncula.

9 out of 10 people believe Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. This isn’t true; Joseph Swan did.

Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

The Population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.

Studies show that couples that smoke during the time of conception have a higher chance of having a girl compared to couples that do not smoke. (Bullshit, I got a boy)

On May 9, 1999 approximately 600,000 gallons of whiskey flowed into the Kentucky River during a fire at Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg. (sounds like heavan!)

Charlie Chaplin once lost a contest for a Charlie Chaplin look a like.

The longest engagement lasted 67 years, and the couple ended up marrying when they were 82 years old.

A leech has 32 brains.

Alaska is the western-most AND eastern-most state of the United States. It's islands stretch so far they actually cross the 180th meridian - the global dividing line between "east" and "west".