Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Killing Yourself To Live

Ok so I finally finished Killing Yourself to Live : 85% of a True Story by Spin magazines Chuck Klosterman. And I loved it, I swear this will be the last time I talk about this book. But next Time I am at Borders I am going to pick up Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs : A Low Culture Manifesto by good ole Chuck. I just really dig the narrative story line where he has to kind of jump one place to explain shit and then jump back to where he was. But he goes around the country to visit places where famous rock stars died. He talks about his life and love and a ton of useless information about rock stars. Now this awe-inspiring roadtrip wasn't to write a book about, it was origanlly for an article but he seems to have kept a journal and at the end tells his editor that after he writes the article that he is thinking about expanding it into a book. She pleas with him not to because he'd be making an ass out of himself and she say idiot bloggers will write things like "Ultimately, the author should have listened to his friend Lucy Chance." Well if Chuck ever stumbles on my blog, I am glad you wrote it Chuck. Everyone needs to go get this book, though I know the few people who do read my site never actually take my advice and probably nevere even click the links I give.

Chris would also like to openly admit he is gay and is madly in love with me!