Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Surrounded by Cops....again

That's right I've mangaed to get surrounded by cops for I think the third time in a little over a year. This time at work of all places and thankfully not really at fault or in trouble. So here's the thing, we have a little room that we share with Radiation Safety, it has quite a bit of radioactive shit in it. Well there was talks of an alarm getting put on it and blah blah blah but we are authorized to go in. I had to go in to check on our shit. The phone rang when I went in, I didn't answer it because no one calls us there, well it rang again. Still didn't answer it. Heard car outside door. I was finished and walked out. Cop car was there, told me not to move, 2 more fat ass cops ran around the corner, it was funny one was fucking huge and out of breath. They asked what I was doing, I told them, they asked how I got in, I told them I had the code, they told me to read the sign about calling Rad safety, I told them I didn't have to. They asked if I went through that door, I said yes it's the only door(wanted to say no I walked through a concrete wall). They called everyone and verified that I was allowed and said to call them next time. Now here's the kicker I walked the couple of feet outside to smoke and there was a helicopter overhead!! That is a new feat that I don't think I can top and get away with. I told my officer in charge that I wanted to keep not calling because it was funny watching them run but he said that I'd get in trouble. There was only 3 cops and one car, but a helicopter! See my DUI there was like 5 cop cars and probably the same cops maybe a couple more, with Chris there was about 5 cars from county, state, and sheriffs. Next time I guess I need FBI or ATF! That could be fun. But that was my exciement for this afternoon. Hope everyone else can have that much excitment and not get in trouble. Well I guess I should do some work and planning for the next time!