Monday, November 14, 2005

Busy weekend

Let me try to recall all of the details from this weekend while I drink my coffee (I stopped for a while but think I need to start back up)Friday HB had duty but she stopped over for a little bit before I had to leave for my Color Guard detail. I went to the Wizards game and fucked everything up I was pissed I mean I almost had a tear in my eye pissed. We went out and it was a little hectic as usual because you have one guy who isn't sure where you need to go and shit and I am leading so that fucks me up, then I missed a routine fucking call to present arms and felt like a complete ass. I don't know what happened I zoned out or some shit because I still don't remember hearing him say it but I know he did because I was the only one who fucked up. Chris kept telling me not to worry about it, but this was probably my last detail and I'm pretty sure the first time I really messed up. I guess I couldn't end flawlessly but it still bugged the hell out of me. We stayed and watched the first half and actually had pretty good seats this time. We then went back out during halftime but eyes weren't on us. They presented an award to a family that's daughter was the first female soldier from Maryland killed. I don't understand why they got the award, I think of it as all the guys who have died families don't get shit does that mean their lives were less valuable. Shit like that just irks me. Perhaps it's my being a Libra or whatever blance shit. But if your going to praise one family for it's sacrifices you should praise them all. Just like the shit with Jessica Lynch, what about the not so cute, black woman who was captured, what was her name? Nobody remembers hell I had to look it up because I can't either. You ask someone who Shoshana Johnson is and they think it's a character on In Living Color, yet Jessica Lynch is a fucking household name, Ok that subject always gets me fired up. But Chris came over, we had some drinks and played some Halo2.

Saturday HB came over again during breaks from duty since I don't live to far from the base. I was supposed to be at a party that was like 2 hours away at 2 but waited for her to get off work and get her son so we didn't get on the road til about 4 and got there really late. I am glad that they came though so I wasn't as awkward as I was alone. It was a guy I work with and got me my second jobs 50th birthday. So lots of older people and pretty much just his family. A little wierd that his mother asked HB what her husbands name was and she just kind of said "uhhh, we're not married" And then people kind of thought I was Gabe's dad. I guess that is why people shouldn't assume shit. Oh well I didn't mind and I hope she didn't either. We went to another friends house that lived close to there. He has a little daughter that loves me and when I went in she gave me a hug and Gabe got jeleous and pushed her and said "my Randy" she started crying it was cute. Then I yelled at HB for not fighting for my love like these two. It was a little rough there, 2 only children trying to share but they didn't fight much more. It was a little awkward there but only because my friend and his wife haven't been getting along and then there were other people there who didn't really know each other. But we couldn't stay long because HB had to work early on Sunday.

Sunday she didn't have a babysitter so I offered, well was told that I was to watch him. I took him to my place and like a dumbass forgot to grab any toys. My place is pretty cramped with furniture so I took the big coffee table into the bedroom so he could have a little room to run around. He played with a broom and mop that we stopped to get on the way home. He was quite amused with attempting to clean. We watched some cartoons and there was a park down the street so I got him dressed and we walked down there only to discover that it is either being renovated or destroyed. There was a fence around it and stones thrown about. I felt bad after promising him a park and was walking back and going to drive to another park but HB called and said she was coming for her break. We sat and read bits of a couple of my books while he ran around and played. She went back to work, we both took naps. I woke up and cooked some Hamburger helper (the only thing I really had to eat) which was done a little before she got there so I made him a plate and waited for her to eat. She ate though it didn't taste all that good. I need to get used to cooking again and on a gas stove at that. But it was a good day. It was actually the first time I watched someones kid without mine being there. Before I could yell at my son and the other kid would follow suit so I didn't have to yell at them. Gabe wasn't too bad, I am sure he was just bored. I only had to keep him away from the stove and try to keep him from tearing up too much. But so much for her fears of letting him get attached to me. He was asking for me this morning even though I left before he woke up. I don't plan on going anywhere but I know she is still fearful for him and I am trying to help.