Monday, November 28, 2005

Quick Update

Hope everyone had a great long Thanksgiving weekend, mine is still kind of continueing depending on how you look at it. Thought I worked my other job on Friday, saturday and the rest of this week, I have been off from the Navy until this Thursday. What can I say, I could really use some extra cash for Christmas. Thanksgiving was great. HB cooked some awesome food, I would have thought she was an expert at it even though she kept saying that she didn't know how to cook that "white food". She had a little frustration that kind of left me speechless. I wanted to help somehow, but I didn't want to touch the food because I'd ruin it. Everytime I tried to help do something with the dishes she wasn't done with. Gabe was a little rowdy and I didn't want to make that worse or try to discipline him (lose/lose situation) so I just kind of hung around and tried to stay out of the way. Some friends came over, we ate, talked, watched some movies, and just lounged around. It was good times. Wednesday while driving to her place flurries started falling and I called HB to let her know, thankfully it wasn't falling up there, I drove as fast as I could because I wanted to see her reaction when she saw it. It held off up there for a while. I was watching a movie and she took a bath, I looked out and saw it and told her to come check this out, she thought I was talking about the movie but followed me. We went outside on the balcony. It was so cute. She was holding her arm out to feel it and was just in awe of it. growing up seeing it eveery year I guess it just seems of more of a burden to me than an actual experience. It was good. While I was at work Saturday she picked up a little something for me, that I wan't going to mention but she did on hers, and she let me take a pic... I have been trying to get some good pics of her and would like some of both of us but I don't think Gabe can aim the camera very good, so I can take with me when I go home next month for Christmas. I know I'm only going to be gone a week but I know already that I am going to miss her alot. I hate the fact that her and Gabe are going to be there alone for Christmas. Next weekend she gets her surprise that I have been planning for a while, it's not too much of a surprise anymore but I am attempting to cook a nice meal and some other stuff for her. She liked some greek food but I couldn't remember what it was so in my attempts to figure out what it was it became pretty evident that I was going to attempt to cook it. SO I am just going for lasangna since I know she like that. I have never made it before, it is going to be interesting. I need to clean my place some more, I finally did laundry last night. Shit was piling up. Well I guess I should actually start working and earning my money, so much for a quick update, oh well. Happy MOnday!