Saturday, June 25, 2005

Live from Iraq

I am going to start this out with 4th25 as most people know I like screamo but here is some rap. These army soldiers made a good fuckin album while they were in Iraq, yeah it is slightly controversial but what rap song isn't. This is them putting their feelings and words to songs that as Big Neal puts it "everything I wrote was no more than what you could see on all of our minds... the music, the lyrics... everything. I was just willing to say it loud enough for everyone to hear." You can listen to samples of the album thanks to CD Baby. I must say I am kind of confused how they made the album there, I could see them spittin the lyrics and then sending them here to be put to tracks but they pretty much did the whole album there in Baghdad except for mastering, printing, and duplication. They have some videos on their site as well if you have a strong stomach. Military members get this shit emailed to us every once in a while, including the beheadings and the burnt bodies hanging from bridges. This shit is happening and people say get our troops out of there now, what is most of our answers? Mission accomplishment first, if we pull everyone out today then all those people have died for no fucking reason. If we finish our mission to somewhat establish them then they died for a reason. Listen to the album, even if you don't like rap.

That being said back to my day. Had fun at six flags, saw Jerry Springer there and got an autographed pic of Steve. I forgot my camera at home though. Same as last time just hung in the pools. Lazy river needs an age requirement the little kids trying to run through it was kind of irritating. But good times were had. We went back to her place and took a nap planning to go see High Tension but it only shows twice a day at our normal theatre so it didn't start until 10, she said she was too tired to go so I asked her to bring me home. A little dose of her own medicine perhaps. Things were the same as always. I really wanted to come home because her room is too hot for me. I am used to freezing in my room, cuddled in my blankets. I was sweating my ass off while I was napping. We are heading to the aquarium around 10 tomorrow, almost hard to believe this is our last weekend together. I need some more coke, I am out! Damn vending machines down stairs never have coke in them. Looks like straight next. Well it's almost time to pass out since I have to get up early.