Thursday, June 02, 2005

Music

I recently bought a couple Cds I thought I'd share. Once again no one will probably like it but this isn't my usual screaming stuff so some people may actually enjoy it. First I bought Action Action's "Don't cut your fabric to this year's fashion". This CD has some really great lyrics, the only thing I don't really care for is that they use a synthesizer too much. If they would replace it with a guitar in some part it would make this CD 10 times better. I still dig it though. The later part of the CD uses some more of the guitar, I am sure that if I could drive and listened to it a couple of times, I'd love it more.

Yesterday I bought Armor for Sleep's "What to do when your dead", this CD is really good and includes a little guide in the case, a guide of what what to when your dead. I forgot it at home today, I want to put some blurbs in here from it so I may do that later or tomorrow. It's kind of funny.

And Spitalfield's "Stop doing bad things", some good rock. I think all these bands are considered emo or something, to me it just rocks. I guess emo is the alternative of this generation. If it's not mainstream it's considered emo. I have only skimmed through these CD since I have bought them yesterday but I have enjoyed hearing them so far.

Last but not least is Sleater-Kinney's "The Woods", this album reminds me of a cross breed of Hole and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It is really good chick rock band.

Here's the Deal unfortunatley I missed Armor for Sleep when they were here in May, but the rest of these bands will be here this month. Spitalfield and Action Action is playing the Black Cat on the 17th and I just talked Uncle Tom into goin. Sleater-Kinney will be at 930 Club on the 25th and I will convince him to go to that too. Good times will be had, It's been to long since I've been to a concert, I am going through withdrawl!